Today as a way to say goodbye to 2011, I wanted to look back at some favorite sewing projects. Here are my top ten from 2011. In no particular order.
1. This 50's blouse I sewed this past summer, has made getting dress a snap. I love the square neck/collar. It's so easy to accessorize with jewelry and a belt.
2. Little pink dress you will always remind me of my lack of understand about stabilizer and fabric weight. I did it all wrong, but I still love this dress and feel a bit wiser. I can be found running around antique stores in it.
3. This top makes me happy. I am glad I made three of these. I see more in the future.
4. Casey's swing dress sew-along was just plain fun. This dress took a lot of doing, but I am so glad I got to accomplish it.
5. This 1950's dress with decorative stitching still is not completed! I had an issue with the lining and needed to straighten it out. Can't wait to wear it again with some different shoes please, yuck!
6. Love this 40's dress. In the spring, I plan on making it again in a stretch fabric. I made it up twice. It's a favorite for sure!
7. My 40's Easter dress. I just love a square neckline. I really want to make this dress in a everyday, causal style fabric in 2012.
8. Ginger skirt, love was born. I have really enjoyed wearing this skirt a lot. I love the green colored fabric and the shape of this skirt is a friend to the pear shaped gal.
9. This little skirt has a flared style. I really like the length of this skirt and it's been worn over and over again.
10. This is my favorite skirt and blouse combo. I made them both and enjoy this 70's/80's style.
11. Okay I said ten, but I couldn't leave off the pants. They are wonderful compared to what I have found in the store.
Thanks for sharing this year with me. I am ready for 2012 to start. This coming year I hope to sew more, fit a better garment, and use more fabrics with stretch in them. Of course with you dear readers! I am so thankful to the online community of creative folks! May you have a wonderful holiday season and may God be with you in the coming year.
Have a wonderful vintage day,