Thank you Marie from Welcome to Marie's Place for the honoring me with this blog award. Most days I feel unstylish ( which is not a word in the dictionary) with the blog and myself. Wearing vintage, sometimes I get "the look", you know the one that says "I don't know what you are wearing and I am not sure if I like it, I might, let me think about this", have you seen that puzzling look on people's faces when you wear vintage? Or, I love this from the older crowd, "I KNOW what you are wearing, oh, I remember having a coat like that, those were the good old days." Either way I don't mind being lost in time with you all. Okay, now I am suppose to blog 7 things about myself. Well...this is always hard, here goes.
|This is one of the vintage looks, wool blouse, pin and hair fashioned in the 40's.|
1. I have a wonderful hubby who has a big heart and two boys who are ornery to the core, they are 9 and 12. My house is crazy most of the time! Love it!
2. In my early twenties, I worked on a cruise ship as a dining room stewardess. Basically a waitress, but I had a lot of fun, traveling all over the open seas.
3. I am a bit of an emotional eater, I have to watch my weight or it gets out of hand! I need to banish all chocolates from my house but I don't, we try to live in harmony with each other!
4. I have been in many musicals, plays and dramas, both as a director and in the cast. This picture is from the Music Man.
|I would have loved to keep this outfit, just for fun.|
5. Love antiques and whenever I go into an antiques store, I feel my blood pressure drop and a feeling of calm sweeps over me. I don't know why, strange, I know.
6. I am an ordained Minster of Music, which means I can officiate weddings. It has been my honor to marry couples over the years. I always get a little teary eyed during a ceremony. Along with this degree, I have conducted many church and community choirs and have enjoyed it a lot. Currently, I am focusing my heart towards my family and am able to be at home with them.
7. I love going camping with my family and friends, I wear a vintage apron and skirts all week, family members call me the Donna Reed of camping. I don't wear heels though! LOL
Well, that's it, that wasn't so bad. Anyway, a big shout out to Marie for this award. Check out Marie's blog http://marie-blogmyblog.blogspot.com/
I am going to give this award to anyone reading this who has a blog they love and pour themselves into, please take it, I couldn't even begin to choose from the wonderful blogs I read, I say share the love and pass it on.
Next post will be a give away, so get ready!