|Yes, we are experimenting with the hair, it's not just right yet!|
Retired in Alaska. She recently had a giveaway and I won. She sent me many pieces of material. Among them was this pretty pink cotton. I had enough to make this top. I have been wanting to make some separates for my summer wardrobe. I know brocade fabric is customary for these kinds of blouses, but I couldn't help but to think this cute fabric would make a nice top. I am really pleased that I didn't over fit it. It's roomy and comfortable. It's going to be one of those tops I grab for a busy day of baking or playing at the park with the boys. For now, I am going to pair it up with this light green skirt from the thrift. I also tried something new and made the piping from scratch! Yes, I typed that right. I have a ton of bias tape, but not much piping left in my sewing box. So I matched up the bias tape and with some cording, sewed it up under my zipper foot and out came piping. It worked great and was easy to make.
Have a great vintage day!