Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tilly's project and Portia's Draft Along

This is how I wear my hair when I am sewing and getting down to business, smile included!
This week I have decided to participate in two different "alongs". The first one is a draft along with Miss. P.   Fitting the body is intriguing to me.  I am hoping to tackle a few more fit issues with Portia.  I am very excited about drafting a sloper with the option of adding various necklines to the base sloper.  If you have ever tried drafting a pattern, as I have, you know that it can be time consuming, sometimes yielding little positive results.  So I am putting my hair back and getting ready to dig into another bolt of muslin. Wish me luck!

  Also this week, I signed up over at Tilly and the Buttons to chart my sewing productivity.  I love to learn from others what works for them.  I am looking forward to reading the participants thoughts and tips to better utilize their sewing time.  I will be starting today and for one week I am writing it all down! Then next week I will be posting on the results of this process.

And now I 'll leave you with some eye candy from my travels. Patterns, and for 25 cents a piece. They are old and a bit tattered but a great deal.








Have a wonderful vintage day!

Gina

9 comments:

  1. Ack! I forgot I meant to do the sewing productivity project too.. I should probably figure out how to track this stuff soon. It just feels so crazy to try to fit one more thing in. (Which reminds me... I should be getting ready for a family event tomorrow.)

    I'll be looking forward to hearing from you on your progress with these two "alongs".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such great pattern finds! Good luck with your sloper. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeks, I understand what you mean by one more thing. I had an interesting day thinking about what I need, want, should do. Tilly's exercise was an eye opener today. Good luck, hope it slows down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, some great patterns. jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some brilliant patterns there - I can't wait to see what you make with them. I'm going over to find out more about your 'alongs'. Oh, I love your hair and gorgeous smile in the picture - you look about 12 years old :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing pattern finds!!! Even if they're a bit "loved", you can't pass up the deal! ;)

    ♥ Casey

    ReplyDelete